If you`re an IT professional, you`ve probably heard of Microsoft Partner Network (MPN). It`s a program offered by Microsoft for businesses and individuals who want to collaborate and build a relationship with the software giant. To participate in the program, you must sign a Microsoft Partner Network Agreement, which lays out the terms and conditions of your participation.
So, what exactly is the Microsoft Partner Network Agreement? In simple terms, it`s a binding legal document that outlines how you can use Microsoft`s intellectual property, trademarks, and copyrighted materials. It also defines the rules you must follow to maintain your membership in the MPN program.
The agreement is divided into several sections, each of which covers a specific aspect of the program. Here`s an overview of the major sections:
1. Eligibility: This section sets out the criteria for joining the program, including your business size, geographic location, and core competencies.
2. Obligations: This section outlines your responsibilities as a Microsoft partner, such as maintaining a high level of customer service, keeping up-to-date on Microsoft technologies, and complying with all relevant laws and regulations.
3. Trademarks: This section lays out the rules for using Microsoft`s logos, trademarks, and branding materials. You`ll need to follow these rules carefully to avoid infringing on Microsoft`s intellectual property rights.
4. Confidentiality: This section covers the rules around handling Microsoft`s trade secrets and confidential information. You`ll need to take steps to protect this information from unauthorized access or disclosure.
5. Termination: This section explains the circumstances under which your membership in the MPN program may be terminated, such as non-compliance with the agreement, breach of confidentiality, or bankruptcy.
While the Microsoft Partner Network Agreement may seem like a lot of legalese, it`s essential to read and understand it thoroughly before signing up for the program. By doing so, you`ll be able to fully leverage Microsoft`s resources and reap the benefits of their extensive network of partners.